What to Expect
A chiropractic visit is similar to other healthcare appointments. After you complete the necessary paperwork, your chiropractor will discuss your symptoms with you and perform a thorough examination, which may include:
- Case history
- Physical examination (vital sign checks, visual exam, listen to heart, abdomen and lungs)
- Chiropractic examination (range of motion or flexibility tests, muscle tone and strength tests, reflexes, sports and functionality assessment)
- Diagnostic tests
- X-rays: not done as regular treatment protocol, only if the doctor deems necessary
- Laboratory analyses: not done as regular treatment protocol, only if the doctor deems necessary
Once your chiropractor has carefully examined you and assessed all the information you've provided, she/he will discuss a treatment plan and administer your first adjustment.
You may also be provided with information and activities that will help you feel better faster, such as
- Strengthening and/or stretching exercises
- Possible posture improvements and/or correction
- Food and nutrition recommendations
- Lifestyle suggestions
This office practice evidence based medicine to provide 3 types of care: acute, preventative, and wellness.
1. Acute care = relief from pain & symptoms!
- We look for the underlying cause of your health problem and explain what is going on.
- Recommend the best care plan for your unique needs to produce the fastest results possible.
- Offer chiropractic adjustments, exercises and begin vibration platform and traction therapy.
- Educate you on how you can actively participate in your recovery & give nutritional advice when necessary.
- Explain the value of chiropractic for post-symptomatic care in order to maintain health and not relapse.
2. Preventative Care
- Go towards the underlying cause and prevent this pain from reoccurring.
- Abnormal postural correction. Structure determines function, and by improving posture we improve how your body and nervous system works.
- Balancing muscles decreasing muscle spasms, trigger points, and muscle tension.
3. Wellness Care
- We enhance and educate our patients to achieve his/her highest levels of health
- Chiropractic Care is for maintenance of health, prevention of disease and improved quality of life
- Prevention is always better than a cure!